NID811 is here to serve and protect homeowners, farmers and ranchers in Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, and Shoshone Counties by aiding communication with underground facility owners who are Members of NID811. We are here for you to submit information about any home excavation projects you are planning, such as planting a tree, building a fence or any other circumstances that include digging in your yard or on your property. Trained representatives will assist you in providing the necessary information to our Member companies. Once notified of your planned excavation, Members should locate their underground facilities or notify you if clear within two full business days of your request.
These services are FREE to everyone!
Note that you will have to communicate directly with facility owners who are not Members of NID811 and you will have to directly contact Locators to locate your private underground facilities. Please CLICK HERE for a description of what private lines are.
CLICK HERE to submit your information online or call 811 or 1-866-242-5844.
How to submit a ticket
When making a locate request, please have the following information ready:
- Excavator name/Company name/phone number
- Contact information: Name of contact and contact number(s)
- Work-site information: Type of work/excavation – Location/Address, town/city, county – Driving directions with distances may be required
- Locate instructions (where digging will occur): Example: front, back, sides, etc.
- Additional information, including access issues: Example: locked gates, dogs, etc.
- Special instructions: Example: Call prior to going to site, use flags and paint, etc.
Color Codes For Marking Underground Utility Lines
Temporary survey markings
Electric power lines, cables, conduit and lighting cables
Gas, oil, steam, petroleum or gaseous materials
Communication, alarm or signal lines, cables or conduit
Reclaimed water, irrigation and slurry lines
Sewer and drain lines